Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dinosaurs, Archaeology, and Paleontology

I was 7 or 8 and I wanted to dig for dinosaur bones. My favorite dinosaur was a triceratops. That is all I wanted to do when I "grew up". I am so glad someone told me how long I would have to be in school, before it was too late.

Since that is in the past I have to tell you that I love being a Wedding Photographer. It is being a part of life, and not digging up the past.

I don't get out a lot...Unless it is on a weekend and I am shooting a wedding. Truthfully since I started shooting I get to see the most beautiful hotels, locations and beaches, I would never have seen in a lifetime on my own.

From being in a residence that has more room than my apartment building, to going to a private beach covered in flowers for a ceremony. I have the life.

Sometimes I am just in shock on what an opportunity Wedding Photography has opened for me. But mostly I am just so darn lucky that I am doing something I love.

It is being a part of people's lives, moments and the best is knowing that they will have photos that marked the first/best moment of their lives together.

So in the end I am glad that childish dreams stay in your childhood, and you never really have to "grow up" to do what you want to do in life.

No comments: