Monday, May 18, 2009

Fancy Pants Textures

yay!!

All us photographers have tricks up our sleeves for Photoshop. Some involves editing, switching heads, covering up wrinkles and dark eye circles. I consider myself a Photoshop Plastic Surgeon sometime, and I really love doing it.

And yes, I also consider myself a pretty savvy techy geek too. I love my iPhone, I dig graphic arts magazines, and I love talking about fonts. Nerd alert going off yet?


I was so excited to learn a new trick today on ToFurious. It was so easy and delightful, I had to share a few images that I used "textures" on recently.


Images I posted from the my Elope to the West post, I decided to pick a few favorites and see if I could work my magic. Yay.



I added a texture that looked like old paper from a poetry book. It seemed to fit the emotions in this image perfectly. You can almost here "How do I love thee..." coming out of it.


Aww this one was paper splatter. If you can believe it, it is super grungy. But I thought it was a nice contrast to the ocean and sand behind them....

Oooh this was a paint canvas. You can see paint drippings and the details is incredible. This is probably the closest I will ever come to painting a real portrait, besides in kindergarten.



Can you see Julie Andrews coming over the mountain singing "The hills are alive with the sound of music..." and seeing a newlywed couple making out... yeah. It is awesome huh.


And my personal favorite, and textural beauty. This was a graffiti wall splattered and all funky. I think it makes her look amazing...

Now I have to go back to see if I can find more... And perhaps a t-shirt that says "i heart textures!"

No comments: