Saturday, May 16, 2009

Real Wedding: Elope to the Coast

This couple is amazing. Sure I say that about all my weddings, but this one took the cake. Actually they brought the cake from Porto's, my favorite bakery in Glendale, CA.


I am not sure how interesting it is to other HOW I find such awesome couples, but this one was particularly special. A friend from High School and I made a reconnection on Facebook. Joy! Her BFF (the bride) was planning on eloping to Ventura (where he popped the question). It is all very romantic.

Well this BFF is amazing. She is creative, funny, and really just a ball of enegry. So lucky me, when I get the call that she needs someone to shoot her inimate and small ceremony/reception.

The getting ready was at this fabulous hotel, Bella Maggiore Inn, in Ventura. Right on California. We went to the court, got them hitched and then off to the beach for portraits. I would say it was a perfect day. Really beautiful couple in love, gorgeous flowers from Lulu Bug, spectular weather, lovely hair and makeup by Crystal Kouri, and Mango Mousse Porto's cake. Delicious.

Here is preview of the events of the day. Yay!


She was so gorgeous. I couldn't get over how her skin was glowing ...



Lovely...

Her "cheapy" shoes for beach walking.


Soon to be Mrs. Happy!


Window light is a brides' BFF on a wedding day.

The hotel had some interesting decorations we worked... Well she worked it.

This shot reminded me of Jose Villa. That is awesome because he shoots film and gets a velvety soft feeling. I got it *and I didn't use photoshop on it. Yay!


We were waiting for the official license and we played on the escalators. Yippee.


I am into this pose... Forgive me. I am sure it will pass soon.




Mwah!

She didn't need those shoes for walking. She has a husband now :)


Really all the family anyone needs... I think it was wonderful that even the baby is smiling and wearing a tie.


I love it when you can get sun flare, daisys and the beach all in the same shot. Fantastic.



Aww.



Three cheers!

There will be more images posted on Cakes and Kisses, under featured wedding.

1 comment:

Brimer Family said...

I love that you were able to allow me (Auntie) to be a part of the wedding day. You are correct that it was very romantic and perfect, your pictorial documentation is a blessing! I love your creative eye... Great job! I am also grateful to be able to order photos for myself and Grandpa!